Food                      Fabric                    Paper                    Holidays                    Decorating                   Giving                     

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Egg-cellent


I've been crazy for bunting lately. After I made the heart one and hung it in my mum's kitchen, she fell in love with it and asked me to make her a banner for every big holiday. So, here is the Easter bunting.

I designed the shape and used all types of mismatched fabrics that I had. Some were scraps leftover from the baby buntings. Others were from old sheets. Most were from fabric sample cards that I bought from a flea market at the fabric store.

I made this one the same way I made the heart one. I zig zagged the front piece to a piece of white felt, used my scalloping scissors on the edge and attached all the eggs with double fold bias tape.


The next holiday banner will be for the 4th of July. I have some really great fabrics already picked out, including a vintage bicentenial fabric.
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Easter.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh this is just gorgeous and fun! I need to make another banner! They are so much fun! Can't wait to see the 4th of July one! I got Easter jello molds way excited about them :)

Mrs. Fence said...

Love your banner! It's eggstrodinary!

Ashley Gilbert said...

I love it! You make the best banners ever!

Far North said...

wow thanks for sharing all your Easter goodies! I didn't get to do much here so it is wonderful to share in your. A joyous season to you and your family!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails