Food                      Fabric                    Paper                    Holidays                    Decorating                   Giving                     

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Minnie Mouse Party For Grown Ups

No one represents fun and youthfulness like Minnie Mouse. I spent the day with her and her friends at Disneyland and then had a Minnie Mouse birthday party at home.



I made tissue puffs, Martha Stewart style to hang over our food table.  The red, white, and polka dot tissue paper are from Target. I sewed a couple easy table runners from black and white and red and white polka dot fabrics all from Joann. Then I made a matching bunting to hang beneath the puffs.


I served red, black and white food. I found the Mickey Mouse bowls at Target.


 Fresh strawberries, red suckers, huge black olives, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella balls.


For our main dish we had Minnie Mouse bows with Puttanesca sauce and garlic bread.


We had black and white cake aka Nabisco Famous Chocolate Refrigerator Roll. I found the Mickey and Minnie figures at the Dollar Tree.


The cake is wonderful alone but the strawberries fit with our color theme. I've also made a chocolate version.


We had water from a clear pitcher with ice and frozen cherries. I also had red and black licorice on the table. Yum!

I found some cute red and white polka dot napkins at Target too. And, of course, now that my party is over I'm finding all kinds of Mickey and Minnie stuff. Sigh.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Feel free to leave a comment. I also have many more ideas, tips, and tutorials on my other blog, The Vintage Sheet Blog.

I'm playing along at Tip Junkie handmade projects

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice! i love the puffs hanging over the dessert table! Will have to try that!

Francesca said...

Wow, super cute and creative!

Ask Me Anything said...

Hello Heather! You have such cute ideas! I love some of them and will have to try them myself. However the reason I am writing you today is for another reason. I have an Autistic 8 year old boy that has a Mickey Mouse bowl just like the small black one you have in your picture. This bowl is his "best friend". I don't know if you know much about Autism, but my son has a hard time connecting to things and people. Anyway, to make a long story short, he has broken his bowl about 30 times, and I keep gluing it back together. I have also been trying to find another one to buy. However they aren't being made and Target isn't selling them anymore. So, I am writing to ask you if there was any way you would sell me your small mickey bowl? Please let me know what you think. my email is mcjabz@gmail.com
Much thanks!
Jenn Sievers

Tasty AZ said...

Hi! That was a super cute party. im planning my baby's birthday and I was looking for those mickey mouse bowls, I can't find them at target or anywhere. Would you sell yours?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails